Advantages of Anterior Hip Replacement
The advantages of anterior hip replacement are:
- Smaller incisions (three to four inches vs. eight to ten for regular hip replacement) spares muscle;
- Seven years experience and over 1500 anterior hip replacements performed at Abington Health’s Orthopaedic & Spine Institute;
- Reduced need for catheters;
- Return to normal activities faster;
- Advanced technology – including the Hana table;
- Over 90% patient satisfaction at AMH and LH.
After surgery for anterior hip replacement, people return to normal activities faster:
- Bending down
- Crossing their legs
- Walking up and down stairs
- And return to work.