Abington Memorial Hospital was founded as a teaching hospital. We believe that educating the public as well as future generations of medical professionals is an important part of our mission to serve our community's complete health care needs.
- We sponsor five residency programs for physicians: in family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, general surgery and dentistry. In addition the hospital provides postgraduate medical education in affiliation with several area medical schools.
- Additionally, a one-year clinical Geriatric Medicine fellowship is available. The Division of Geriatrics accepts two highly qualified individuals per year who have completed an internal medicine or family medicine residency program. Additional information regarding this program may be found under "Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program" or on the AMA FREIDA website.
- The hospital operates the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing and offers a pharmacy residency program.
- Health education classes, screenings, helplines and support groups are offered year round at little or no cost to our community. This wide array of programs covers issues of interest to people of all ages, from planning for pregnancy, parenting, quitting smoking, heart-healthy eating, to menopause and caregiving.
- Our medical library, the Wilmer Memorial Medical Library, ground floor, Dixon Building, has a variety of publications on health care topics. The library is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.