Unit 5 - Management of Complications of Bariatric Surgery
Fellow will gain comprehensive understanding of management of complications and obesity related conditions.
- Early Complications
- Late Complications
- Fellow will demonstrate the ability to detect postoperative complications through history and clinical examination.
- Fellow will demonstrate an understanding of the physiologic impact of delaying diagnosis or treatment of postoperative complications.
- Fellow will demonstrate appropriate use and interpretation of diagnostic tests to determine presence and magnitude of postoperative complications.
- Fellows will demonstrate a safe and logical plan of action, and show expediency in implementing management of postoperative complications.
- Fellow will demonstrate the operative skill to manage such complications.