The fellow must have privileges assigned by Abington Memorial Hospital’s Department of Surgery Chairman, current Pennsylvania license, active DEA license and be compliant with Abington Memorial Hospital staff bylaws. In relation with residents, the fellow must act as a junior attending surgeon.
- Participate in daily surgical rounds on all bariatric patients in the service, co-sign resident and/or PA notes; provide daily care to patients on the service.
- In a timely fashion, participate in operating room (OR) patient preparation, positioning and be readily available when patient is going under anesthesia.
- Provide postoperative patient care, write postoperative orders.
- Follow OR and office schedule connected to assigned attending’s schedule.
- Follow on-call assignments. No requirement to stay in house. Act as a junior attending surgeon with on call back up from attending surgeon.
- Log operative cases in the Fellowship Council log system.
- Resident, student and nurses teaching rounds
- One full day in outpatient office
- Optional participation in other Abington Memorial Hospital conferences
- Textbook review
- Journal club
- Midwest teleconference
- Clinical IMBS meeting
- Research project meeting update
- Participate in SIM lab, PIG lab teaching activities
- Resident Advisory Committee meeting, Graduate Medical Education meeting
- Multidisciplinary conference
- Fellow performance written assessment (knowledge, skills and overall performance) by faculty
- Attend bariatric support meeting
- Fellow exit interview
- Faculty written evaluation by fellow at the end of fellowship
- Fellow written evaluation by faculty at the end of fellowship