Lansdale Hospital's Department of Physical Therapy is dedicated to improving our patients' quality of life by promoting and facilitating optimal health and human function.
This is achieved by providing comprehensive patient evaluation and treatment, educating patients and families, and by consulting with other healthcare providers.
The physical therapy staff interfaces with all disciplines, including: neurosciences, orthopedics, gerontology, hematology, oncology, and general medicine. physical therapy services are provided to outpatients, hospitalized patients, and to patients specifically admitted to our inpatient rehabilitation unit.
Our clinical expertise and core values of compassion and respect demonstrate our firm commitment to providing the highest quality care for our patients.
Patients admitted for inpatient care may have diagnoses including:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Brain tumor
- Orthopedic conditions
- Wound care
- Neurological/post-neurosurgical condition
- Non-traumatic spinal cord injury
Patients may be treated as outpatients for:
- Acute chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injuries
- Orthopedic post surgical care
- Chronic pain
- Neuromuscular disease
The Department of Physical Therapy provides a full range of evaluative, preventative, and rehabilitative services to those with impairments in physical functioning. Our staff provides patients with comprehensive evaluations, one-to-one education, and functional training.
Specific services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neuromuscular conditions.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological deficits following a stroke.
- Training of amputee patients in preparation for and use of prosthetic limbs.
- Biomechanical assessment of the lower extremities with fitting for orthotics.
- Strengthening and instruction in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems, trauma, and surgical procedures.
- Instruction of patients and caregivers in safe, effective function geared toward independence.
- Instruction in self-care and home exercises to promote self-management of symptoms.
- Evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic wounds to facilitate healing.
- Evaluation, treatment, and education of patients with pulmonary problems.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic pain.
- Consultation with other healthcare professionals regarding patients' requirement/ potential for rehabilitation.
- Community outreach and education on: back care, posture evaluation and correction, and prevention of falls.
Our clinic staff includes physical therapists with specific expertise in various clinical specialties, along with physical therapy assistants. We are unique in our ability to offer multiple services in one setting.
The Department of Physical Therapy is located at Lansdale Hospital. Outptient appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Additionally, we have appointments available two evenings a week.
For more information, please call 215-361-4531 or fax 215-361-4969.