The Wound Healing Centers offer patients and physicians ongoing access to a certified
ostomy nurse specialist. We strive to provide patients with acute and long-term
assistance with their ostomy needs to encourage independence.
Our Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses provide with treatment recommendations
and counseling to help make the situation easier. For convenience, patients are
able to access this care at two locations:
- Abington Health Center - Schilling
- Abington Health Lansdale Hospital.
Our expert clinicians are able to
work with patients before surgery by providing pre-operative consultations for
stoma siting and after surgery to help with pouching strategies.
Specifically, we provide the following services:
- Pre-operative and post-operative self-management
knowledge and skills
- Stoma site marking
- Counseling, education and care for tubes and fistulae
- Assistance with product selection
- Information about lifestyle, diet and clothing
Treatment recommendations for pouch leaking, skin irritation, and parastomal hernias