Our stroke recovery and rehabilitation expertise helps stroke patients regain abilities for daily life and work activities.
Rehabilitation services are personalized to meet each stroke patient’s needs and to restore quality of life:
- Physical therapy
- Strengthen walking and balance
- Reduce weakness in arm, leg or hand
- Restore some lost vision
- Improve overall physical functioning
- Occupational therapy
- Regain ability to reach or hold objects
- Restore use of hands and fingers
- Prepare for return to work or living skills
- Speech therapy
- Help speaking problems
- Ease swallowing difficulty
We encourage stroke patients to use recommended inpatient stroke rehabilitation, adaptive devices, home exercises, self-care and outpatient rehabilitation to improve recovery from stroke.
Abington’s Division of Rehabilitation Medicine has four convenient outpatient locations for rehabilitation. To schedule an appointment at any location, call 215-481-2160.
For an appointment with a Neurosciences Institute specialist, call our Physician Referral Service, 215-481-MEDI (6334).