“Time lost is brain lost.”
That warning from the American Stroke Association says it all. A stroke can damage brain cells. Quick diagnosis and fast, expert treatment are key for survival and quality of life after stroke.
The Diamond Stroke Center team excels at rapid response to stroke with the latest stroke therapies:
- Thrombolytic (clot-busting) treatment
- Use of rT-PA (recombinant tissue plasminogen activator), a drug that dissolves blood clots and limits brain damage
- We use advanced intra-arterial method or standard intravenous to deliver rT-PA
- Our expertise with intra-arterial rT-PA – given up to eight hours after symptoms appear – extends the time for successful stroke treatment
- Neurovascular interventions
- Carotid artery and intracranial stent placement
- Endovascular coil embolization
- Aneurysm clipping
- Mechanical clot removal
- Neurosurgical procedures
- Remove blockages in arteries (carotid endarterectomy) or blood vessels
- Drain and stop brain bleeds
- Reduce brain pressure
- Treatments to lower stroke risks from clogged arteries, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and other conditions
- Many treatments performed in our specially equipped Neurovascular Laboratory
Read how our expertise with intra-arterial rT-PA helped a father of four when he experienced a massive stroke.
Watch a video enactment of a stroke and our treatment response.
For an appointment with a Neurosciences Institute specialist, call our Physician Referral Service, 215-481-MEDI (6334).