Neurosciences Patient Conditions for One-Call Transfer
Physicians may transfer patients quickly and safely for the latest care by Neurosciences Institute specialists through the One-Call Transfer program at Abington Memorial Hospital.
Call 215-481-8181 to arrange a transfer for these neurological conditions and procedures:
- Acute ischemic stroke with IV or intra-arterial rTPA and clot removal
- Acute hemorrhagic stroke?
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage?
- Neurocritical care
- Advanced neurointerventional procedures?
- Critical carotid arterial stenosis
- Intracranial arterial stenosis?
- Ruptured and unruptured aneurysm coiling
- Cerebral and spinal dural arteriovenous fistula (AVF)
- Cerebral arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Vein of Galen malformation
- Major infection of central nervous system or spinal cord
- Acute neurologic changes
- Brain injury
- Brain tumors
- Spinal cord tumors
- Incomplete spinal cord injury
- Acute hydrocephalus
- Status epilepticus
- Myasthenia gravis, Guillain-Barré syndrome and other major neurological illnesses
Transfer exceptions: complete spinal cord trauma, serious burns and pediatric (under the age of 16) trauma.
For more information about One-Call Transfer, contact Megan Whalen, R.N., 215-481-8324.