At the Neurosciences Institute, our neuroradiology services use sophisticated imaging tools to diagnose and even treat disorders such as stroke and aneurysm.
This advanced technology enables our highly trained neuroradiologists to image the brain, spine, spinal cord, head, neck and blood vessels (arteries and veins).
Our neuroradiology equipment includes:
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Computerized image created by magnetic waves
- “Open” MRI available
- MRA (magnetic resonance angiography)
- Angiography highlights image with dye injected through small catheter
- CT/CTA (computed tomography/angiography)
- Scan shows inner cross-section of organ or body part
- CT scanner with 64-slice, 3D software
- PET (positron emission tomography)
- We were first in Philadelphia region and among first in U.S. to conduct brain PET scans with radiotracer to detect signs of Alzheimer’s disease or cognitive decline
Read how our neuroradiologic imaging detected a blood clot in a man’s brain and helped our neurointerventionalists stop his stroke.
For an appointment with a Neurosciences Institute specialist, call our Physician Referral Service, 215-481-MEDI (6334).