The neurovascular experts at the Neurosciences Institute are specially trained in the latest innovations for stroke and vascular (blood vessel) problems of the brain, neck and spine.
We deliver the highest level of care with:
- Interventional neurologists
- Use leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat complex neurovascular disorders
- Specialize in treating neurocritical patients in our neuro-intensive care unit at Abington Memorial Hospital
- Work closely with colleagues in neurosurgery, neurology, emergency medicine, cardiology, neuro-radiology, pulmonology, radiology, vascular surgery and other specialties
- An advanced Neurovascular Laboratory
- Equipped for minimally invasive brain and blood vessel procedures
Through up-to-date treatments, a highly trained staff, 24-hour availability of interventional neurologists for emergencies, clinical trials and a dedicated neuro-ICU, our neurovascular services achieve a level more often found at university hospitals.
Our expertise helps patients with many conditions and diseases, including:
- Brain aneurysm
- Narrowing or “hardening” of arteries
- Carotid artery stenosis
- Atherosclerotic intracranial stenosis
- Vertebral artery stenosis
- Brain bleed
- Cerebral arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Dural arteriovenous fistula (AVF)
- Spinal arteriovenous fistula
- Moyamoya disease
- Severe epistaxis (nose bleed)
Watch a video and read how our neurovascular experts quickly treated a woman with a ruptured brain aneurysm.
See how a woman’s complications from a head injury were finally correctly diagnosed and treated by our neurovascular experts.
Learn how our Moyamoya disease task force expertise provided quick diagnosis and treatment of this rare neurovascular disease for an area resident.
For an appointment with a Neurosciences Institute specialist, call our Physician Referral Service, 215-481-MEDI (6334).