At the Neurosciences Institute, patients receive the latest minimally invasive procedures in our interventional Neurovascular Laboratory.
This specialized lab, equipped with the best technology, enables our interventional neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuroradiologists to work quickly and precisely – especially when time matters most.
That benefits patients with stroke, brain aneurysm, brain bleed, arteriovenous malformation (AVM) and other neurocritical conditions.
The Neurovascular Lab’s advanced equipment provides faster and more accurate imaging. This speeds procedures while reducing patients’ exposure to radiation and contrast dye. Features include:
- Biplane technology
- Takes two images with just one exposure
- Digital process for quick imaging
- Real-time 3D image
- Lets physicians analyze image from any angle
- Improves diagnosis and treatment
- 3D multimodality matching of preoperative scans
- Enhances visualization of MRIs and CTs
Our specialists are highly trained and experienced in the catheter-based minimally invasive procedures performed in the Neurovascular Lab:
- Diagnostic cerebral angiography
- Intra-arterial thrombolytic (clot-busting) therapy with rT-PA
- Intravenous thrombolytic therapy
- Coil embolization, balloon-assisted or with stents
- Mechanical removal of intravascular blood clots
- Carotid artery and intracranial stent placement
- Particle or glue embolization
- Balloon test occlusion
- Other tests and therapies for neurovascular disorders
Read how one woman’s brain bleed was stopped by our team in the Neurovascular Lab.
For an appointment with a Neurosciences Institute specialist, call our Physician Referral Service, 215-481-MEDI (6334).