Patient and Family Education / Resources
Patient and family education is available through the Stroke Center.
American Heart Association stroke education videos are now on the hospital patient network. The titles of these informative videos are:
- Stroke: What Every Person Needs to Know
- Coming Back: A Gift of Caring
- Coming Back: You're Not Alone
- Coming Back: Recovering after Stroke
For more stroke support information:
American Stroke Association
National Aphasia Association
National Stroke Association
Delaware Valley Stroke Council
National Family Caregiver Association
For information call Debbie Teasdale at 215-481-5775, or Debi Murphy at 215-481-3627.
Community Stroke Education and Stroke Risk Assessments
We perform two to three community stroke lectures a month depending on community requests. We also perform stroke risk assessments every month at the Willow Grove Mall and also as requested in the community. The community education department and the neurology nurses support this effort.
Please notify Debi Murphy, C.R.N.P. at (215) 481-3627 if you:
- are interested in a stroke risk assessment program or stroke lecture at your place of work, worship or community center.
- would like to schedule an appointment for your personal stroke risk assessment.