Support and Community Education
The Neurosciences Institute is committed to helping our patients and our communities through support and educational services.
Support groups give our patients peer encouragement, emotional strength and ideas to better manage their conditions.
Neuroscience patients and their families may be interested in support groups for:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Those adjusting to new diagnosis or dealing with early stages of Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke survivors, families and friends
- Brain injury
- Survivors of brain injury and caregivers
- Sleep apnea
- Those with sleep apnea, families and friends
- Patients with hydrocephalus, families
- Anyone providing care to relative or friend with chronic condition or disease
There are also exercise groups, led by a specially trained exercise physiologist, for:
Our informative community programs build awareness about neurovascular health, provide important risk screenings and help identify developing conditions.
This community education includes:
- Programs and lectures at Abington Health locations and in the community
- Topics include memory enhancement, sleep disorders, stroke, concussion and more
- Risk assessments for stroke, heart disease, high blood pressure and falling (balance) held regularly and by request at workplace or community locations
- See details or call Abington Health’s Community Health Services at 215-481-2204
For an appointment with a Neurosciences Institute specialist, call our Physician Referral Service, 215-481-MEDI (6334).