Brain Cancer Diagnostics
Diagnostic testing with the latest technologies is vital for accurately identifying, staging and determining treatment for all types of brain cancer. Our patients are evaluated with the most up-to-date brain cancer diagnostic services.
Some of the tests commonly used to diagnose brain cancer include:
- CT (computed tomography) and/or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans of the head
- PET (positron emission tomography) scan of the brain
- electroencephalogram (EEG), to measure electrical activity in the brain
- cerebral angiography, to view blood flow through the brain
- examination of cerebral spine fluid
- biopsy of tissue
Depending upon physical examination findings, symptoms or laboratory results, other tests also may be recommended.
Diagnostic testing using advanced technology for all types of cancer is available at all Abington Health locations, including Abington Memorial Hospital, Lansdale Hospital, Abington Health Center – Schilling Campus (in Willow Grove) and Abington Health Center – Warminster Campus. If a biopsy is indicated, our Pathology Department offers special expertise in analyzing test results.
Learn more about our brain cancer care: