Inpatient Care in the Comprehensive Heart Failure Program
If hospitalization is needed, a dedicated inpatient unit for patients with heart failure at Abington Memorial Hospital provides round-the-clock management and monitoring. The Pilla Heart Center’s Comprehensive Heart Failure Program team focuses on stabilizing your condition and helping you recover quickly. We work closely with your cardiologist or primary care practitioner even when you are hospitalized.
The inpatient unit for patients with congestive heart failure offers:
- advanced telemetry, for precise monitoring;
- an expert team of cardiologists and nurse practitioners to optimize heart failure management and therapy;
- highly respected electrophysiology specialists, skilled at using leading-edge device therapy for heart failure treatment;
- nursing professionals with specialty training in heart failure care;
- aquapheresis ultrafiltration therapy to relieve fluid build-up problems, lessen symptoms, and possibly speed discharge;
- bedside education to assist patients and families in recovery and ongoing management;
- a transition nurse to prepare patients for discharge and connect them with follow-up services.
Learn more about outpatient care in the Comprehensive Heart Failure Program.