Abington Health Center—Schilling Campus
3941 Commerce Drive
Willow Grove, Pa 19090
Abington Memorial Hospital's Family-Based Services is an intensive in-home family therapy program developed to prevent out of home placement for children/adolescents. Treatment is provided by a team of two family therapists, who are experienced in working with multi-problem families.
- Children/adolescents, up to twenty-one years of age, who are still in school and reside in Montgomery County.
- The child/adolescent has a mental health diagnosis, and is at risk for out of home placement; i.e., psychiatric hospitals, foster care, and residential treatment facilities.
- Less intensive therapies have failed.
- At least one parent/guardian will be involved in weekly family therapy sessions.
- All family members are encouraged to participate in the sessions.
Weekly family therapy sessions and individual sessions for family members, as needed.
Collaboration with other service providers; i.e., schools, Office of Children and Youth, Juvenile Probation, psychiatrist, and therapists.
24 hour Emergency Crisis Intervention
Daytime responses by family based team, and after hour telephone intervention by team member/on call worker to assess and prevent potentially dangerous situations.
Family Support Funds
Financial assistance for families in emergency situations regarding basic needs such as food and clothing. Respite services can be arranged if necessary.
Funding is provided by Medical Assistance or Montgomery County Department of Mental Health. This service is free to the family, with the exception of the psychiatric/psychological evaluation.
- Referrals may be made by any system that works with children and their families; i.e., schools, psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment facilities, private practitioners, Office of Children and Youth, Juvenile Justice System, Drug and Alcohol Programs, and self referral.
- A psychiatric/psychological evaluation documenting the child/adolescent is in need of Family-Based Services, and is at risk for out of home placement. The program director will assist with this process.
- Referral sources may contact the program director, at 215-481-5483.