Speech & Language Pathology
Speech language pathologists provide a full range of services to infant, pediatric and adult patients with communicative, cognitive, and swallowing disorders.
To schedule an appointment, please call 215-481-2161.
Each patient receives an individualized treatment plan focusing on developing or re-establishing communication skills. Patients with swallowing disorders are seen for an evaluation which may include a videofluorographic swallowing study (VBS or X-ray) or a Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing function (FEES). The results will allow the speech pathologists to create an appropriate treatment plan to establish airway protection and safe swallow behavior. This is followed by specific exercise programs and diet modification, as needed.
- Individuals with acquired difficulty in speech, voice, language, memory, cognition and swallowing related to, but not limited to:
- Brain tumor
- Developmental delay
- Head and neck cancer, and other head and neck surgery
- Acquired brain injuries
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Stroke (CVA)
- Evaluation and treatment of swallowing dysfunction
- This service is available to infants with difficulty sucking and maintaining weight gain; toddlers with food aversions; school-age children who must medically be able to take pills; and adults who have reduced airway protection placing them at risk for developing aspiration pneumonia
- VitalStim® is an adjunct treatment modality available
- Evaluation and treatment of cognitive/linguistic dysfunction and communication disorders
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT-LOUD®)for Parkinson’s disease or other neurological dosorders that affect voice
- LSVT-LOUD® has been researched and found to be helpful with Down’s Syndrome where soft voice interferes with communication
- VitalStim® treatment for swallowing disorders
Appointments are available in the early morning and evenings depending on the location. To schedule an appointment at any location, please call 215-481-2160. Please have your prescription and insurance information available.