Why Choose Abington for Senior
We understand that older adults have varying lifestyles and health conditions. Our patients, their families and caregivers know they can rely on us for the latest proven approaches that are right for each individual.
Through comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care, we offer exceptional geriatric services in comfortable settings, including:
- The senior-friendly Older Adult Specialty Unit at Abington Memorial Hospital, where patients hospitalized for medical reasons benefit from an environment designed for older adults, features staff trained in geriatric care and a focus on maintaining and increasing functionality.
- Our supportive Memory Fitness Center at the Warminster Campus and Lansdale Hospital, offers an activity program for those showing signs of memory loss.
- A mobility-restoring Geriatric Fracture Program of the Orthopaedic & Spine Institute at Abington Memorial Hospital and Lansdale Hospital, provids hope after injuries that could limit movement without such coordinated care.
The high quality of our geriatric medicine physicians, nurses and social workers, our involvement in clinical research and our geriatric fellowship program put us at the forefront of senior health care in the region.
Our leadership in helping older adults regain their health and well-being has won attention:
- U.S. News and World Reports awarded Abington Memorial Hospital a commendation in geriatrics.
- The national Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) honored our program as a HELP Center of Excellence.
- Abington Memorial Hospital has been named a NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders) hospital for our high level of excellence in geriatric nursing care throughout the institution.
To discover the finest in senior health evaluation services and care, choose Abington Health.
For more information about The Muller Institute for Senior Health and its services, call 215-481-2571. To find a senior health physician, call 215-481-6334.