Tips for Injury Prevention
(Three to Five Years of Age)
- All children should wear helmets when riding bikes, scooters, skateboards, roller blades or roller skates or other wheeled toys.
- Do not let your child ride in the street.
- Ensure that your child plays on age-appropriate equipment.
- Ensure playground area is padded with rubber mats, sand, sawdust or wood chips.
- No bare feet-all children should wear socks and shoes.
- It is best not to have guns in the house.
- Keep guns locked and unloaded.
- Keep ammunition in a separate place.
- Keep children away from stove area when cooking.
- Keep water heater temperature between 120°F and 130°F.
- Beware of poisonous plants.
- Use safety caps on all medications.
- Keep chemicals out of sight and locked up.