Tips for Injury Prevention
(Six to 12 Years of Age)
- All children should wear helmets when riding bikes, scooters, skateboards, roller blades or roller skates or other wheeled toys.
- Do not let your child ride in the street.
- Teach your child to cross the street safely.
- Teach your child to swim.
- Never let your child swim alone.
- Keep matches and lighters out of reach.
- Make sure your home has smoke detectors.
- Check and change your batteries every spring and fall at time change
- It is best not to have guns in the house.
- Keep guns locked and unloaded.
- Keep ammunition in a separate place.
- Use all appropriate protective equipment such as helmets, mouth guards, shin pads, etc.