Tips for Injury Prevention
(One to Three Years of Age)
Childproof Your Home
Protect your child from:
- Burns/scalds/electrical shock
- Keep water heater temperature between 120°F and 130°F.
- Use outlet covers on electrical sockets.
- Always supervise children around water.
- Use locks on all toilets.
- Have a fence with a locked gate around pools.
- Keep small toys out of reach.
- Only offer age-appropriate foods.
- Use safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs.
- Protect from sharp edges.
- Use window guards.
- Use safety caps on all medications.
- Keep chemicals out of sight and locked up.
- It is best not to have guns in the house.
- Keep guns locked and unloaded.
- Keep ammunition in a separate place.